Silver Spring, Md. — Gordon M. Matheson, Ph.D., P.E., P.G. (Schnabel Engineering, Inc.) is the new president of the Geoprofessional Business Association (GBA), a not-for-profit association of geoprofessional firms. Accepting office during ceremonies at GBA’s annual meeting in Miami, Dr. Matheson is the 45th individual to serve as GBA’s president and chair the group’s board of directors. Other directors who will serve during GBA’s 2015-16 fiscal year are:
- President-Elect Joel G. Carson (Kleinfelder);
- Secretary/Treasurer Laura R. Reinbold, P.E. (Terracon);
- Kimberly F. Morrison, P.E., R.G. (Morrison Geotechnical Solutions, Inc.);
- Charles L. Head, P.E., P.G. (Sanborn, Head & Associates, Inc.);
- Alex Sy, Ph.D., P.Eng. (Klohn Crippen Berger, Ltd.); and
- Woodward L. Vogt, P.E., D.GE, F.ACI, F.ASCE, F.ASTM (Paradigm Consultants, Inc.).
Dr. Matheson is the president and CEO of Schnabel Engineering, Inc., a multidisciplinary geoprofessional firm headquartered in Glen Allen, Virginia, with offices throughout the mid-Atlantic region and beyond. Dr. Matheson has more than 35 years of geoprofessional-practice experience, both domestic and international. He has been actively involved in professional societies throughout his career, including service as chair of the American Society of Civil Engineers’ Engineering Geology and Site Characterization Committee. He has also served as an adjunct faculty member and as a member of several universities’ faculty-advisory committees, while also being an energetic of various charitable organizations. Dr. Matheson earned his Bachelor of Science degree from Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University; his Master of Science degree from the University of Missouri at Rolla (now the Missouri University of Science and Technology), and his doctorate from the Colorado School of Mines.