London — The building industry continues to search for process improvements to make project delivery more efficient, reduce waste, and produce higher performing assets. We have learned that the technology is only part of the puzzle and more attention needs to be given to process and people. Expanding digital connectivity is making possible new capabilities for data sharing, bringing a focus to data quality assurance and the benefits of use over the life of the asset.
The Year in Infrastructure (YII) 2015 Building and Facilities Forum features knowledgeable professionals who will share insights and lessons learned from business and project management. The forum is sized to encourage active participation and debate. The two days of discussion will address business challenges, identify industry trends, and discuss technology opportunities.
- Hear from Robin Partington, Managing Partner, Robin Partington & Partners, on how technology has influenced the creative design process resulting in design innovations.
- Mark Bew, Chair of the HM Government Construction BIM Task Group, will provide his insight to industry challenges and factors affecting BIM initiatives in 2016 and beyond.
- Bentley Software executives will share their industry observations and Bentley’s response with products and services.
- Discuss with Jay Mezher, Parsons Brinckerhoff, and Paul Murphy, GHD, why organizational culture and leadership is critical to implementing technology and managing project delivery change.
- Facility owners are asking for BIM deliverables; learn from Kim Cohen, Sydney Airport, and Damen Belcher, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, on how they are leveraging geospatial and BIM data to improve their facility operations.
Register for the Year in Infrastructure 2015 conference at https://app.certain.com/profile/web/index.cfm?PKwebID=0x58649397e7&varPage=location.